Ten Best Christmas Films (Horror and Non)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL HEADING:
Here’s another blog I made.  Another one?  Really?  Oh well, I like lists so this blog contains lists only.  Unlike my Best/Worst of the Year lists posted on my other blog (one of many), Best and Worst Films Archive, this one will contain top ten lists for specific genres.  Whenever people ask me what my favorite movie is, I never have a definitive answer so these entries will give you a general idea of what some of my favorite films are.  Agree or disagree, I don’t give a ‘eff’ (that’s your right)…
*Read any previous lists in the archive section at the bottom or by clicking on arrow at top left*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are twenty holiday films I’m fond of.  I included a list of both horror and non-horror Christmas movies since there were too many to include on just one list of ten, and I’ve always enjoyed the family-friendly films in addition to the not-so-family-friendly ones.  As usual, it was hard making just a list of ten for both.  Yes, I included a television episode here and I’ll do it again for future lists plus an entire series if called for.  Titles may cross over from other lists depending on the category as you may notice here as well.  For the non-horror list, there’re many versions of A Christmas Carol I could’ve included, such as Mickey’s Christmas Carol, The Muppet Christmas Carol, and Scrooged, but I had a hard time choosing which one(s) to put on the list so I just excluded all of them despite all being good.  Recent horror releases Better Watch Out and Red Christmas were good but I have to watch them a couple more times and still like them before including them on this list.  Technically, The Nightmare Before Christmas isn’t a horror movie but I think it has enough elements to (sort of) qualify.  Without further ado, here are two lists of my favorite holiday films for those that enjoy beautiful and dark things simultaneously like me.  Merry Christmas you filthy animals…or whatever you celebrate (I understand not everyone celebrates the same thing).

Ten Favorite Christmas Movies
1.            A Charlie Brown Christmas
2.            A Christmas Story
3.            Elf
4.            Frosty the Snowman
5.            A Garfield Christmas
6.            The Grinch (cartoon NOT Jim Carrey one)
7.            Home Alone
8.            Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
9.            National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
10.          Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Ten Favorite Christmas Horror Movies
1.            “And All Through the House” (Tales from the Crypt, Season One)
2.            Black Christmas (1974)
3.            A Christmas Horror Story
4.            Gremlins
5.            Jack Frost
6.            Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman
7.            Krampus
8.            The Nightmare Before Christmas
9.            Silent Night, Deadly Night
10.             Silent Night (I did actually like this re-imagining)

---Sean O.
12/12/2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten (and 1/2) Best Stephen King Adaptations

Ten Best Ghost Movies

Ten Best Anthology Movies/Shows