Ten Best Zombie Movies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL HEADING:
Here’s another blog I made.  Another one?  Really?  Oh well, I like lists so this blog contains lists only.  Unlike my Best/Worst of the Year lists posted on my other blog (one of many), Best and Worst Films Archive, this one will contain top ten lists for specific genres.  Whenever people ask me what my favorite movie is, I never have a definitive answer so these entries will give you a general idea of what some of my favorite films are.  Agree or disagree, I don’t give a ‘eff’ (that’s your right)…
*Read any previous lists in the archive section at the bottom or by clicking on arrow at top left*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are ten undead films I’m fond of.  There are many that are just okay.  Let’s be clear that just because someone returns from the dead does not necessarily make them a zombie.  Otherwise, The Crow would’ve been on this list.  I consider zombies to generally involve those that died, return, and eat human flesh (and brains)…or inflict cruel harm (both Pet Sematary movies fall into that category).  Seth Green and Elden Henson technically weren’t zombies in Idle Hands despite appearing so and returning from the dead.  It’s another one of those distinctions that true horror fans can tell without having to explain.  Anyway, flesh-eaters are ubiquitous now which makes it hard to make original movies anymore.  The Walking Dead was good at first but overstayed its welcome by a couple seasons now.  I was a fan of the comics since 2003 and still read them, but even they’re starting to feel more habitual than enjoyable.  I do like Shaun of the Dead but feel it’s way overrated.  Undead almost made it on this list, but that could also go on a ‘Favorite Alien Movie’ list.  I also almost added Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island.  Go ahead and laugh, I like it…plus I grew up with that cartoon.  Realistically, The Return of the Living Dead Part II isn’t that great of a film, but nostalgia kicked in since it was the first zombie movie I saw (I like all the movies in that series actually, even 4 and 5).  I’m a fan of all the Dead films in George A. Romero’s franchise, but none of them are near as good as Night and Dawn.  I actually didn’t mind the remakes for either film as well.  Again, making a top ten list is harder than you think, especially if you love movies.  Again as well, since I never know what to tell people when they ask for my favorite movie, these lists help to give somewhat of an idea.  Here’s an idea of some of my favorites featuring cannibal corpses…

Ten Favorite Zombie Films
1.            Dawn of the Dead (1978)
2.            Dead Alive
3.            Night of the Creeps
4.            Night of the Living Dead (1968)
5.            ParaNorman
6.            Pet Sematary
7.            Pet Sematary Two
8.            The Return of the Living Dead
9.            The Return of the Living Dead Part II (first zombie movie I saw)

10.          Zombieland

---Sean O.
12/7/17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten (and 1/2) Best Stephen King Adaptations

Ten Best Ghost Movies

Ten Best Anthology Movies/Shows